Twilight Zone Weekend! Cocktail Recipe + Drinking Game
In honor of "Twilight Zone Day" this Sunday (May 11), I decided that we are going to celebrate here at Too Into It by publishing three recipes inspired by three of my favorite episodes! These recipes will come out starting tomorrow up until Twilight Zone Day itself. But, to hold you over until then, I want to share with you my version of the tropical "Twilight Zone" cocktail, along with a drinking game you can play with your friends this weekend in honor of the classic science fiction masterpiece that is The Twilight Zone!
Twilight Zone Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Bacardi white rum
- 2 ounces coconut water
- 2 ounces coconut milk
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounce blue curacao
Mix first four ingredients together over ice. Drizzle blue curacao on top.
Twilight Zone Drinking Game
Take a drink every time...
- Rod Serling appears onscreen (double if he literally pops out of somewhere--my favorite is when he emerges from the bushes in "Kick the Can").
- Rod is seen with an alcoholic drink (smoke break if he has a cigarette in hand).
- You recognize a famous actor.
- You recognize a famous writer (double if it's Mr. Serling himself!).
- You see an alien (double if it's a "martian").
- You see a robot.
- You see the devil.
- You see a ghost (double if they don't know they're dead).
- You see a UFO or rocketship.
- Someone is a sketchy, ominous government official.
- Someone time travels (double if it's on accident).
- The episode takes place entirely on an airplane.
- The episode involves creepy children.
- There is a hilariously choreographed fight scene.
- You can explain how the storyline or big twist is an allegory for social issues or concepts. ;)