In Season 3, Episode 23, "Bart's Friend Falls in Love", Homer is enticed by a commercial for a commercially gluttonous burger called the "Good Morning Burger": "We take eighteen ounces of sizzling ground beef, and soak it in rich, creamery butter, then we top it off with bacon, ham, and a fried egg. We call it "'The Good Morning Burger'". Check out the clip below to see the scene:
What You Need:
- 18 ounces of ground beef (80/20)
- bacon, lots of
- 1 cooked ham steak
- 2 eggs
- rich, creamery butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 buns
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (optional)
What You Do:
- Mix your ground beef with some salt and pepper and form into one absurdly large patty. Broil for however long it takes you to fully cook it, ensuring it has an internal temperature of 170 degrees. (Altogether, mine took about 15 minutes!)
- Cook up bacon and fry the eggs.
- Assemble the burger: two bun bottoms topped with butter, then the big patty, then cheese, bacon, ham, and fried eggs. I split mine in half and shared it with my boyfriend and STILL it was a huge breakfast. Enjoy!
Check the episode "Bart's Friend Falls in Love" during the Simpsons marathon tonight at 2:30PM