A staple in the world of The Simpsons, Krusty Burgers are the "Big Mac" of the fast food chain "Krusty Burger", founded by Krusty the Clown and Bart Simpson's personal favorite. According to Simpsons Wiki, Krusty Burger "It's known to use a variety of animal meats in it, without any of them being what one would normally eat, including zoo animals, road kill and insects".
Now, for my recipe I wanted to pay homage to the mixed meat not-sure-what-we're-eating spirit that Krusty uses for his burgers, while also making a delicious burger.
What You Need:
- 1 lb. ground beef (80/20)
- 2 slices raw bacon, diced
- 1 ham steak, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- cheddar cheese
- mayonnaise, mustard
- sliced onions, tomatoes, and romaine lettuce
What You Do:
- Toss the bacon and ham into a skillet and brown. Set aside to cool.
- Mix ground beef, salt and pepper, liquid smoke, and BBQ sauce together. Once cooled (or not scalding hot), toss in the bacon and ham mixture.
- Form into patties.
- Broil for 5 minutes each side.
- Assemble burger and devour!