#TapasTuesday // Shrimp & Cream Cheese Egg Rolls
What You Need:
- 1/2 pound raw jumbo shrimp, deveined and tailed, chopped
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- lemon (to juice)
- 1 teaspoon dulse flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (plus more as a dip)
What You Do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute onion and garlic until aromatic. Toss in raw shrimp and saute until it begins to change color. Add carrots, chives, lemon juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, and dry spices. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once shrimp and veggies are fully cooked, remove from heat and stir in cream cheese. Let cool.
- Once cooled, add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to a roll wrap. Fold the bottom corner over filling, then fold in side corners and roll into the top corner, using sesame oil to seal the edges.
- Place rolls on a greased baking sheet and brush with more sesame oil and bake for about 10 minutes.