#TapasTuesday // Proscuitto Stuffed Mussels
Prosciutto Stuffed Mussels
What You Need:
- 1 pound black mussels
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean mussels by submerging them in cold water for a few minutes and them rinsing them one by one in cool running water. Remove any beards and discard any with cracked shells.
- Bring a couple of cups of water to a boil and add mussels. Let simmer covered for a few minutes until most of the mussels have opened. Discard any that have not.
- Remove top shell of each mussel and place bottoms on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Dislodge mussel meat from each shell with a spoon and then place back inside shell.
- Process butter, prosciutto, garlic, and green onions. Spoon mixture over mussels.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.