#Tapas Tuesday // Italian Banana Peppers
What You Need:
- banana peppers
- 2 Italian sausages, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What You Do:
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Once aromatic, add in the chopped tomato, sausages, red wine vinegar, and fresh herbs, Top with whatever other spices you wish to (sea salt, pepper, maybe some lemon juice). Stir until sausage is fully cooked. Remove from heat and pour into a medium size bowl to cool.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Make a slice in the tops off of the banana peppers, leaving a bit still intact. Remove any insides if there are any so that they are ready to be stuffed.
- Once cool, stir the cheeses into the sausage mixture so that they are well blended. Using your hands, or a small spoons, begin stuffing the banana peppers until all of the mixture is used. (The reason there is not exact amount on the peppers or how much of the mixture to put in each is because it really varies on the sizes of the peppers, which greatly differ.) Let the mixture spill out of the pepper, held together by the still intact top.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes. Serve hot or cool.