National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
Today, March 24th, is National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day!
As a classic staple of moviegoers everywhere, I thought it appropriate to showcase a recipe for the tasty treat. It's a simple and delicious alternative to conventional candy, and you can store it in your freezer, ready and on hand for your next movie night.
Three Ingredient Chocolate Covered Raisins
(Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups organic thompson seedless raisins
- 2/3 cup organic gluten free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
What You Do:
- Heat coconut oil in a small pan on low heat.
- Mix in chocolate chips, whisk until all the clumps are gone. Remove from heat.
- Toss raisins in chocolate mixture until coated.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop raisins out and spread them out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Freeze until hardened and remove from freezer. Break apart.
- Keep leftovers in freezer until ready to eat.