"Maple Street Monsters" Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Maple Bacon (Inspired by Twilight Zone)
Our second installment of recipes inspired by the classic sci fi show Twilight Zone is in honor of the 1960 episode "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street", a brilliant episode written by Rod Serling himself. The episode is about a series of strange occurrences that happen on the otherwise peaceful Maple Street. Who is the cause of all this strange activity? Who's to blame? Below is the beautifully written epilogue for the episode so don't watch it unless you've already seen the episodes (you're about 50 years late, dude), mostly because it won't make any sense. Get on that!
Maple Street Monsters
Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Maple Bacon
What you need:
- 6 whole jalapenos
- about 1/2 package cream cheese (really depends on how big your jalapenos are)
- 6 pieces of maple bacon
- 12 toothpick
What you do:
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Slice all of the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. (Be careful! I like to kind of lightly rinse them out after, which is an especially good idea if you are a baby when it comes to spice. Be sure to wash your hands after and not touch your eyes!)
- Fill the insides of each jalapeno half with cream cheese, You want it full but not overflowing. Easiest way I've found is by using a flat spoon or small spatula.
- Take the 6 bacon slices and slice them in half. Wrap each of those halves around a jalapeno and fashion together with a toothpick.
- Place each finished product on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.