To celebrate National Ghostbusters Day (August 28), and the re-release of the classic 1984 film in theaters this week, I decided to make a simple and special treat. We can pretend we're using Stay Puft marshmallows, however you will be comforted to know that the green slime is just melted white chocolate. ;)
What You Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups rice krispies dry cereal
- 1 package ( 7 ounces) marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 oz. white chocolate chips
- green food coloring
What You Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet on low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until they are completely melted, then remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract.
- Stir Rice Krispies into marshmallow mixture.
- Flatten mixture into a greased 13 x 9 12 inch pan to cool. Set aside.
- In a new saucepan, bring an inch of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Pour white chocolate chips into a bowl that fits on top of the saucepan without touching the water. Stir until chips are completely melted. Turn off heat and remove bowl from saucepan.
- Stir food coloring into melted chocolate to create "slime".
- Cut rice krispie treats into 2 inch square and arrange on serving dish. Pour "slime" on top. Enjoy!