What You Need
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 14 ounces of chicken breast tenders
- sesame seed oil (1 teaspoon for marinade, 2 tablespoon for sauce, plus extra to cook)
- soy sauce (1 tablespoon for marinade, 2 tablespoon for sauce, plus extra to taste)
- 1 teaspoon brown rice miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- white pepper (to taste)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped veggies (I used cabbage and carrots)
What You Do
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, miso paste, and white pepper. Marinate chicken.
- Cook spaghetti in chicken broth or water until al dente. Toss in some sesame seed oil and set aside.
- Heat a little sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken (with marinade) until it is almost completely cooked. Remove from skillet. (After the chicken cools a bit is when I roughly slice the tenders into bite size chunks).
- Whisk together 2 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sweet wine vinegar, and 1 teaspoon agave.
- Heat skillet over high heat again and saute minced garlic in a little sesame oil until you can smell the garlic. Toss in the noodles, then the sauce mixture, then the veggies. Using tongs, mix everything up for a few minutes.
- Toss in chicken and finish cooking, adding water or chicken broth if it gets too dry. Serve hot.